Crispy Air Fryer French Fries are a healthier alternative to traditional deep-fried fries, and they are easy to make at home. Here’s a simple recipe to create delicious and crispy air fryer French fries:
Recipe For Homemade Air Fryer French Fries
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt, to taste
- Optional seasonings: paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, or your favorite seasoning blend
Read Also: Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe!
- Prepare the Potatoes:
- Wash and peel the potatoes (you can leave the skin on if you prefer).
- Cut the potatoes into uniform-sized matchsticks or wedges. Aim for fries that are about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Rinse and Soak:
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes. This step helps remove some of the starch from the potatoes, making them crispier.
- Dry Thoroughly:
- Drain the soaked potatoes and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel or paper towel. Ensure they are completely dry before proceeding.
- Preheat the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C) for about 5 minutes.
- Toss with Oil and Seasonings:
- In a large bowl, toss the dried potato sticks with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil until they are evenly coated. You can also add your favorite seasonings at this point, such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, or a seasoning blend.
- Air Fry:
- Place the potato sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding, as this can lead to less crispy fries. You may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, shaking the basket or flipping the fries halfway through to ensure even cooking. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer, so keep an eye on them.
- Check for Doneness:
- The fries are done when they are golden brown and crispy. If needed, cook for a few more minutes, but be cautious not to overcook and burn them.
- Remove the crispy air fryer French fries from the basket and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Season with salt while they are still hot and serve immediately.
Read also: Crispy Air Fried Chicken Wings Recipe.
These homemade air fryer French fries are delicious on their own, but you can also dip them in ketchup, mayonnaise, or your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy your crispy, healthier fries!